Hey guys! This is gonna be my way of tracking my trip here in Scotland and I hope it helps everyone get insight into my life abroad. Miss everyone and hope you enjoy!

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Gettin there!

Hey everyone...well things are looking up today :) I am working through that essay and by the end of next week I will have my essay, both required presentations for my history classes, and my bio midterm done! I have a plan for the weekend and me and Ben are gonna take a break in a couple minutes and we are going to get burgers at the union.  I have been doing really well about eating healthy and working out, and I want to splurge! I figured better do it every now and then, or you'll go crazy.  So my essay is about how the rise in standards of living in Britain in the 20th century impacted its citizens and I have decided to focus on employment, urbanization, and healthcare.  Depending on how many words I can write on each, I might add another topic.  I already have 550 words on employment, and the essay is supposed to be 2000 words.  I might purposely go a little over because I am using this piece so I can pass off this history class as a writing credit.  Why I need yet another writing credit when I have done about a bajillion english classes I have no idea...but central says I need one, so I need one. 
I'm getting really excited about my plans for the next year...I mean I'll be living with Des and Scott and working to pay off the rest of my credit card debt (I have three of them all paid off! Only two to go!) and I will be able to get my EMT calls done and finish the two classes I need to get into the medic program.  I supposed I can take the math class online...I'm going with the easiest one they got-hey I got a 96% on the math compass test so I think I deserve a math break.  Well that and the fact that I got halfway through AP calc in high school means that I KNOW that I have definitely already learned the basics, though I can guarantee I have forgotten everything.  So I figure...I will take that online maybe fall or winter quarter, and then winter quarter I will take the exercise science class I need at Edmonds CC.  I'm really sad that I won't be living in Eburg, but lord knows I will be there all the time since all my friends and pretty much my whole social life is there too.  I think maybe it will be good for me though...depending on how certain things work out when I get back from Scotland.  It might be good living away for a while.  If anything, so far the main lesson I have learned while here so far from home is that I have to live my life for myself.  You still always have to take other people into consideration, but if you can't step away and see a different world without knowing that the people you love will be there waiting when you get back, then they must not really love you in return...or at least the way you need them to.  I miss everyone so much, especially of course the pooches :) but feeling missed is what keeps me optimistic! When I get home I will have a little more of the world in my pocket, and all my dreams staring me in the face...

No comments:

Post a Comment